Five days of career workshops, life planning, and socialising. If you want to make a positive impact with your career but don’t yet know how, this is the place to be!
There will be workshops during the days that will provide you with a structure for finding an impactful career. We will walk you through the 80,000 Hours career guide, and include group discussions, individual work, and reading. Alternatively, we will provide you with space to work by yourself. In either case, there will be EA career coaches at your service, who will be able to provide advice and materials. Evenings will be dedicated to socialising and fun. We are still working on the exact schedule and we expect to update it during the week itself, based on your needs, feedback and intuitions about what would be most useful.
£5 per day. Accommodation and vegan food is included.
- Arrivals (From midday onward)
- Overview of week
- Personal fit, fulfilling types of work
- Strengths and skills that can be improved
- Creating evaluation criteria
- Decision making workshop
- Values, causes and prioritisation
- Uncertainties discussion
- Community comparative advantage discussion
- Researching wider career options and deciding on a shortlist
- ABZ career plans & feedback on them
- Cause prioritisation (again)
- Career direction over the next 3-10 years
- Who can help each other
- Planning next steps & accountability partnerships
- Finding and applying for jobs
- Closing session & Feedback
- Morning walk
- Relaxation & departures