Effective Altruism London is a community of people who are willing to help one another and collectively work towards a better world. Our members are from all walks of life and have a wide range of personal beliefs – what unites us is our desire to be as effective as possible in how we do good.
To support your altruistic goals, we:
- Host a variety of events and workshops designed to teach new skills, improve understanding of causes/solutions and enable you to make better altruistic decisions.
- Offer support throughout your personal moral journey, and friendship with like-minded people.
Whether you’re just beginning to discover effective altruism or have known about it for a while, we’re here to help. Join us in doing good better and have fun along the way!
A budding community
The London launch event in March 2012 was organised by Sam Hilton, with speakers from SCI, Action for Happiness and Giving What We Can.
Soon after, we had our first EA meetup in London. These monthly meetups have been ongoing to introduce those who are new to EA. Our group evolved from casual meetups to more structured ones, including large talks, workshops, cause groups and 1-1 career support.
In 2016 Sam took a year out to set up EA London as a registered charity and work as a full time community organiser inspiring many people to give more effectively and to choose higher impact careers.
At the end of 2017 enough money was raised to fund Holly and David working on EA London as Sam went back into the civil service.
EA London is still a new community. We welcome anyone interested in being impact-oriented and cares about doing good to join our friendly community.
Connect with us if you are interested in:
- learning more about effective altruism
- finding out what actions you can take to increase your impact
- getting involved in our activities and projects
- exploring other aspects of effective altruism
Come along to our next event to meet other like-minded people. Or drop us a message.